Website Asset Recruitment
Senior QC Technologist
To perform the analysis of samples in a timely manner according to approved analytical procedures. To develop analytical skills through training and diversity in techniques. Assist QC Technologists within the laboratory in training and troubleshooting. When required assist in the disposition of materials ensuring that it is performed according to the manufacturing / shipping schedule.
• Analysis of materials as assigned. This may include testing of any of the following materials: Raw Materials, In-process intermediate samples, API’s, stability samples, cleaning and microbiological samples if deemed appropriate.
• Peer review may be performed according to approved analytical SOPs and as per relevant specification.
• Results are compiled and submitted for review in a timely manner and it is important that attention is paid to the detail of the SOP and documentation.
• Laboratory practices must promote accuracy and precision in daily laboratory routines.
• Laboratory Equipment must be calibrated in accordance with the schedule.
• The QC Senior Technologist must inform the QC Chemist /QC Manager of any issues as they arise, which may impact on the QC schedule.
• The QC Senior Technologist must raise any Unplanned Events or Out of Specification results in a timely manner following discussion and actively participate in any subsequent investigation.
• Analysis is performed according to approved analytical SOPs and as per relevant specification.
• The QC Senior Technologist is expected to take on additional responsibilities over time, such as SAP Purchasing, Stability placements / scheduling, project work etc.
• Ordering of Laboratory consumables as required.
• Training of new staff and support to QC Technologists
• Set a high standard of performance for self and others in order to minimise laboratory deviations
Qualifications, Skills & Experience required:
• BSc. In Science (analytical focus)
• 4+ years of relevant industry experience working within a GLP environment, ideally within the Pharmaceutical sector
• Excellent attention to detail
• Previous knowledge of analytical methods, procedures & techniques in the QC laboratory