Website Asset Recruitment
Typical support activities may include recovering baseline performance, improving performance beyond specification, or achieving customer specific goals. The Applications engineer will utilize software tools and analytical methods to achieve these goals. In addition, the Applications engineer will support service team requests, to achieve reliability and specification.
• Provide support, which results in performance improvement that complies with specification or exceeds customer process requirements.
• Troubleshoot performance concerns through analysis of log files, and / or test exposure data using appropriate problem-solving methodologies.
• Provide ownership and resolution of urgent (escalated), process related issues (typically driven by a down tool or layer inhibit), by working with other departments / subsidiaries as required.
• Own issues (raised by the customer or internally) falling in your domain of expertise, from the problem definition and characterization, to the conclusion of your investigation and the resolution.
• Support Continuous Improvement Programs (CIPs) and new feature evaluations on tools by making sound recommendations based on thorough analysis.
• Support (and if necessary attend) customer evaluations (“demos”). Work with the customer to establish the scope of project (customer request, resources, scheduling, success criteria, etc.). Review and prepare customer results package and present out to the customer.
• Provide acceptance test (ATP) support for new and used equipment. This includes working with Install / Service team to follow the agreed acceptance testing, review test results against specifications, and obtain customer ATP sign-off.
• Reporting of customer priorities including ongoing issues, escalations and ongoing performance.
• Utilize e-diagnostics or software tools for analysis and reporting.
• Development and delivery of training material to internal and external customers.
• Develop and proliferate best-known methods (BKMs) by seeking advice and input from the Company’s worldwide Applications groups, or other relevant resources.
• Use quantitative and analytical skills to tackle the challenges that technologies face when introduced into production / R&D environments.
• Participate in training, either onsite, or during business trips overseas, to gain practical knowledge of systems that are delivered to our customer.
• Develop overall understanding of platforms while becoming a subject matter expert (SME) in one of the core topics, for example Overlay, Focus, Illumination, or Defectivity.
• Be the Point of Contact of the customer for any process-related issue.
• Master’s or above in Engineering or Science discipline with preferable exposure to mechanics, electronics, optics, software development or other disciplines relevant to the Semiconductor Industry.
• Able to develop a pragmatic, data driven problem-solving approach to deal with complex technical issues using your quantitative analytical skills.
• You are familiar with statistical analysis and process control
• Familiar with operation of lithography cluster (track and stepper), and key in-line metrology equipment (e.g. CD-SEM, Overlay)
• You have experience with analysis software (e.g. MS Excel, SAS jmp) and/or programming languages (e.g. VBL, Python, Perl). Script writing experience is a benefit.
• You have a hands-on mentality, and can manipulate, analyse and interpret data.