Website Asset Recruitment
MECHANICAL PROCESS DESIGN ENGINEERS- ( Remote Work- Based in South America)
• Asset Recruitment are actively recruiting for these exciting new Mechanical Process Engineering opportunities for our client a prestigious EPCM Design and Build Engineering consultancy engaged on many of the largest Pharmaceutical and Semiconductor construction projects across the US, EMEA and APAC regions today.
• Successful applicants’ candidates will be based across South America region (per countries listed above) to align with US engineering project time zone alignment and will work remotely on Process Design related projects based in the US.
• Ideal candidates will be self-motivated individuals with strong communication skills with a strong command of English preferred ideally. Applicants will exhibit a passion and desire to apply their technical experience and knowledge in a team environment on technically challenging and professionally rewarding contract assignments
• The primary purpose of this post is to assist the Engineering Design team in achieving objectives of our client with respect to Mechanical Process Design for large scale Tool Install Projects for Semiconductor and/or Pharmaceutical, Life Science Project Consultancy engagements
• The successful candidate will report functionally to the Mechanical/Process Department Manager and on occasion to assigned Project Managers.
• Conceptual and Detailed Design of Process Mechanical and HVAC systems for Pharmaceutical, Semiconductor or other similar industrial production facilities.
• Development of P&IDs for HVAC and Clean/Black, Grey Utilities systems through all design stages including Conceptual, Preliminary and Detailed Engineering
• Specification of Mechanical Plant and Piping
• Completion of all Process Mechanical and HVAC deliverables, specifications, drawings and technical requisitions within strenuous quality and safety criteria
• Assisting in the career development of the Mechanical engineering team
• Interfacing with clients, vendors, project management and other disciplines ensuring the highest level of service is provided
• Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Building Services, Energy or (Level 8)
• Chartered or working towards Chartered Engineer Status
• Display strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with multiple deadlines.
• Several years Engineering Consultancy or Client Project Design Office experience either in Pharmaceutical, Semi-Conductor, Fine Chemicals, Brewing or Dairy industries working with High Purity, High Reliability, High Specification, Chemical / Gas Equipment and Piping Systems preferable, large scale industrial.
• Engineering/ Design experience of high specification Process Mechanical/HVAC and Utility systems
• Understanding and Proficiency in wet and dry, calculations, specifications, detailing and sizing.
• Proficient in spreadsheets, problem solving and solution creation.
• Strong relevant Engineering/Design experience in industrial/advanced technology sector and mission critical systems.
• Experience with start-up and commissioning will be an advantage.
• Experience in equipment layout definition.
• Excellent English level – written and spoken,
• Knowledge of Mech/HVAC specific design codes and standards (UK/EU/US or International).
• Ability to interact with other engineering disciplines, clients, and vendors at all levels.
• Experience using BIM Revit / Navisworks is desirable.
• Prepares flow diagrams and participates in flow diagram reviews.
• Understands importance of flow diagram as a communication tool to other disciplines.
• Is able to prepare and review flow diagrams with total information to correspond to flow sequence, operability and the safety of the unit/system.
• Answers questions, with confidence, from other disciplines and clients as to the requirement/function of each item on the flow sheet.
• Back checks, updates, and ensures consistency with related design documents such as specs sheets and with other units.
• Prepares and reviews metallurgy flow diagrams.
• Prepares Process and Clean, Black and Grey Utility Equipment spec sheets.
• May be responsible for design Mechanical Process Equipment Systems or complete units.
• Understands importance of Mechanical Process Equipment specs sheet as a communication tool with other disciplines.
• Prepares equipment duty for all equipment including complex equipment such as reactors.
• Prepares detail design specs for all equipment.
• Reviews input from other disciplines for compatibility with process design for all equipment.
• Completes conceptual developments of a major system and performs all necessary calculations for process design of systems and equipment within the assigned area.
• Performs relatively complex technical studies under general supervision.
• Performs specs/calculations and technical studies.
• Ensure calculations are legible, organized, correctly references to equipment/system.
• Evaluates alternative control strategies to meet process objectives.
• Prepares instrumentation process data. Assists in establishing control philosophy for relatively complex control systems to meet process objectives, including safety.
• Prepares control valves process data, relief valve data, analyzer data.
• Reviews control systems specs sheets for consistency with process data
• Interprets control philosophy of relatively complex control systems.
• Reviews logic diagrams for relatively simple loops.
• Review /approve Mechanical Process Equipment bid tabulations and vendor data.
• Reviews equipment requests for quotes, purchase requests, bid tabulations and vendor data for conformance to specs, process compatibility, safety and operability.
• Ensures consistency of vendor data with other design documents such as flow diagrams, area classifications drawings, utility summaries, etc
• Performing Mechanical Process Design Engineering work to provide a safe and operable plant
• Identifies potentially lethal or toxic substances and designs systems handling substances in accordance with established Client procedures.
• Understands obligations and authority to make appropriate design decisions necessary for plant safety and operability.
• Reviews unit, plant layout for unsafe Mechanical, Piping, Equipment arrangements and access to critical valves.
• Assists in specs of any required safety systems (eye-washers, safety-showers, gas detectors, etc).
• Assists in Mechanical Process Engineering Design Survey/Coordination Field Work.
• Shows a willingness to accept field assignments to fulfil project requirements (personal circumstances permitting).
• Performs, under general supervision, a plant checkout as required to ensure flow diagrams and designs have been correctly implemented and all tie-in correctly located.
• Assists in operator training programs as required.
• Assists in plant start-up and /or plant performance testing as required.
• Assists in writing of Mechanical Process Engineering Design Final Job Report.
• Excellent Contract (USD) Hourly Rates Available – Depending on Experience