Website Asset Recruitment
PROCESS DESIGN ENGINEERS ( Remote Work- Based across South America)
• Asset Recruitment are actively recruiting for these exciting new Process Engineering opportunities for our client a prestigious EPCM Design and Build Engineering consultancy engaged on many of the largest Pharmaceutical and Semiconductor construction projects across the US, EMEA and APAC regions .
• Successful applicants’ candidates will be based across South America region (per countries listed above) to align with US engineering project time zone alignment and will work remotely on Process Design related projects based in the US.
• Ideal candidates will be self-motivated individuals with strong communication skills with a strong command of English preferred ideally. Applicants will exhibit a passion and desire to apply their technical experience and knowledge in a team environment on technically challenging and professionally rewarding contract assignments
• The primary purpose of this post is to assist the Engineering Design team in achieving objectives of the client with respect to Chemical Process Design Consultancy, Tool Install and Project Engineering for Semiconductor and/or Pharmaceutical, Life Science Project Consultancy engagements. In doing this, to ensure maximum commercial and technical effectiveness and efficiency is maintained.
• Conduct detailed design reviews, dealing with RFIs, RFCs, etc. constructability reviews with trades/suppliers.
• System verification and sign off for Design Verification, Operational Tests, Equipment Factory Acceptance Tests, O&Ms, redlines and handover documentation.
• Participate in Process Design/ Engineering workgroup meetings
• Specification review and cross reference to tender scope and delivery.
• RFP/tender documents technical write up.
• Tender/submittal assessments.
• Submittals, owns all submittals for entire systems.
• Undertake field walk downs to monitor progress and quality of system construction.
• Technical support during construction.
• Attend co-ordination meetings with the trade contractors and equipment vendors as required.
• Coordination with other company and client team members.
• Liaison with the specialist vendors.
• System forecasting and look ahead (possible impacts – issues – change control).
• Overall system budget forecasting.
• Contribute to Engineering Team by attending team meetings and courses to ensure changes in legislation and Company policies are fully complied with.
• System scope management and control.
• Provide professional and high-quality design service in accordance with the company and client’s QA procedures and assist in review of standards and procedures to ensure a continuing improvement.
Ideal Candidates will have: –
• A Degree in Chemical Process or Mechanical Engineering with at least five years Consultancy/Projects Design experience, with mature organisational, communication, inter-personal and client facing skills
• Broad experience in Process Engineering and in particular design, installation and management of Chemical, Bulk and Specialty Gas Systems.
• Ideally will have several years design experience either in Pharmaceutical, Semi-Conductor, Fine Chemicals, Brewing or Dairy industries working with High Purity, High Reliability, High Specification, Chemical / Gas Equipment and Piping Systems.
• A comprehensive working knowledge of current legislation and environmental and safety code requirements.
• Ability to work to deadlines, under pressure and on own initiative
• Excellent IT skills with respect to Excel and Database programs.
• Fully competent performing complex data handling tasks with Excel
• Possess good written and oral communication skills, and ability to communicate well at all levels
• Comfortable controlling certain financial aspects of contracts and/or projects
• Experience in the planning, organising and control of sub-contractors, be able to provide services to agreed standards, time scales and budgets
• Evidence of Continuing Professional Development and an ongoing commitment to undertake training and studies to meet the demands of current and developing legislation relating to Process engineering.
• Have some experience of carrying out hydraulic / pressure / flow calculations on digital pipe work models.
• Have sufficient skills to perform mark ups of dwf drawings prior to CAD.
• The post holder should preferably possess a current driving licence
• Excellent Contract (USD) Hourly Rates Available – Depending on Experience