Website Asset Recruitment
Role (Immediate Start)
The Project Controls group work within the project engineering group in facilitating project managers with compliance to engineering, finance, procurement and documentation policies and procedures. This role will involve interaction with various client departments and client sub-contractors – Engineering, Finance, Procurement and various others, e.g. training, CMO, etc.
The successful applicant must be a pro-active team member that shall work on projects in a multi-discipline, client-facing environment, representing the company on an extensive project portfolio basis. This is a site-based role operating as central cost -project controls person for a large project engineering team and providing direct project controls function to the Department Lead.
• Setup up of MS Excel reconciliation tracking spreadsheets (Recon) for each project
• Raising requisitions in Pfizer system including ability to recognise errors in coding and details provided from Engineers
• Reconciliation of Recon spreadsheets to financial spends and PO reports
• Invoice management for all projects including approvals, rejections and Holds; Invoice queries and resolutions.
• Analysis of all engineering aged invoices from report and issuing analysed report to responsible persons for action;
• Checking invoices and splitting of invoices into projects coding
• Vendor Management including set up in conjunction with Procurement team, and maintenance of existing vendor details on SAP as required.
• Cost Reporting – Preparation of monthly cost reports, review with Project Manager and Project Services Manager, Presentation to Client
• Liaises with Accounting to ensure accurate cost analysis, assists with invoice preparation. Provides labour, margin and revenue forecasts
• Liaises with Engineering in budget preparation, change management, Estimating, Progress Measurement.
• Produce monthly project capital cost reports
• In the field – Prepares Capital Cost reports, liaises with Contracts Administrators, Liaises with Project Managers/Engineers/Planners
• Project Change Management – runs project Change Management Process / prepares Variation Notes and Change Orders / Maintains project control and cost trend.
• Production of monthly KPIs and maintenance of project controls process.
• Client Reviews – Participates in review / Presents cost report, analysis and forecast.
• Generate department managed service KPIs on a monthly basis for PDOCS Document approval, ITP (Training completion) and Ariba (PO) spends.
• Assists Planners and Contracts Administrators in the evaluation of progress and preparation of cost reports.
• Gathering and assembly of project control weekly reports for engineering groups.
• Facilitate administration for addition and removal on boarding/off boarding of team members
• Preparation, Participation in reviews and presentation to management and Client.
• Produces operations backlog reports
Degree in finance/accounting or engineering (Construction Economics) or numerical-based relevant degree.
Minimum 5 years post graduate experience working in a project environment, ideally engineering and cost control.
Experience in Pharmaceutical / Biotech sectors Preferable, but not essential.
Highly Competent in MS Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint & PDF Adobe.
Knowledge of Oracle & SAP
Require: 2 x Written References in a similar role
This is a position which requires a high degree of numerical skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
Aptitude for process compliance and ability to pick up errors will be a key attribute.
You will have post graduate experience in the following:
• Cost Engineering
• Contract Administration
• Closure of Final Accounts
• Knowledge of capital cost estimating
• Highly computer literate in excel, MS Office, database systems, accounting software
• Communicate clearly with multiple departments
• Good Understanding of accounting practices
• Very strong numeracy skills
• Good logical and analytical skills
• Methodical, organised and driven.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work for extensive periods on own initiative and with little supervision.