Website Asset Recruitment
Process Safety Engineer
A new vacancy has arisen to join our client’s state-of-the-art biologics manufacturing facility based in Meath. This site will play an important role as the Company’s first Biologics Drug Substance single use commercialization facility. Construction is currently underway and the facility is expected to be fully operational by 2023.
The Process Safety Engineer will support the Engineering Team in the start-up and integration of the Company’s new research and commercialisation manufacturing facility.
• Coordinate process safety and relevant assessments, improvement initiatives and programmes.
• Assess equipment and processes for compliance with EHS, process safety and relevant engineering standards.
• Perform gap assessments and implement remediation plans for compliance with EHS and relevant Engineering standards.
• Propose, develop and implement improvements and modifications from a process safety perspective.
• Perform process safety risk assessments.
• Develop and implement safe systems of work for manufacturing and maintenance operations.
• Implement and maintain process and equipment safety management processes – statutory inspections, safety device inspection and testing, mechanical integrity, etc.
• Implement and maintain environmental management programmes.
• Chair and document process and equipment HAZOP assessments and other process safety related risk assessments for new / upgraded equipment and processes.
• Support introduction of new products and equipment to the site from a process safety perspective.
• Review Safety Data Sheets (SDSs) for new materials and chemicals
• Support the site Emergency Response programme.
• Conduct safety audits and continuously improve the site safety management systems.
• Lead and support site investigations, identifying root cause and measures to prevent recurrence.
• Review and approve process safety related documentation, including process HAZOPs and other related safety and engineering assessments.
• Perform process safety calculations for sizing of relief and venting devices.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, technical discipline or equivalent
• 5+ years experience in a similar role within the pharma or biotech sector
• 3rd level qualification in an Engineering, technical discipline or equivalent.
• At least 5 years relevant experience in biotechnology, pharmaceutical industry or equivalent.
• In-depth knowledge of safety and engineering standards and best practices.
• Experience in executing process safety risk assessments.
• Knowledge of environmental management programmes.
• Experience in the management of safe systems of work.
• Experience in Emergency Response structures and procedures.
• A good understanding of manufacturing processes, equipment, utilities and maintenance practices.
• Experience in investigation and problem solving using structured problem-solving techniques.
• Proven experience in implementing change and project management.