Website Asset Recruitment
Process Chemical / Mechanical Engineer-WWTP- AMT
An exciting new long term contract opportunity has arisen with our client, an internationally recognised, Engineering Consultancy based in West Dublin.
Asset recruitment is actively recruiting for an experienced mid to senior level Process Chemical / Mechanical Engineer who will join our client’s capital projects division in coordinating and project managing the delivery of a critical, very large scale WWTP facility and supporting utilities.
The successful applicant will work in close collaboration with all stakeholders including client leads, specialist engineering design consultants, equipment vendors multidisciplinary leads and senior project management team members throughout all phases of the Project Management, Planning and Coordination stages of this international project.
Suitable applicants will: –
- Have 8-10 years’ experience working in the design and delivery of industrial capacity Wastewater Treatment Plants (WWTP) preferably within the AMT, Life Sciences, Food or Brewing sectors.
- Have worked with either contracting or consulting engineering firms specialising in Design & Build of WWTPs for highly regulated process manufacturing environments.
- Possess a strong analytical mindset, with highly developed written and oral communication skills.
- Possess expertise in dealing with AMT clients, and Water Utility providers is desirable.
- Be diligent and capable of working with minimal direction, on their own initiative.
- Possess proven problem-solving skills and a strongly developed work ethic,
- Have a demonstrable understanding and knowledge of associated quality, safety and commercial drivers involved in the design and delivery of critical WWTP facilities required to support AMT facilities in project construction driven environments
- Be expected to bring an innovative approach to project delivery.
- Support Senior Project Management team and Engineering team members to ensure client satisfaction.
- Coordinating and Project Managing delivery of, very large scale WWTP facility and supporting utilities.
- Brief, Intermittent International travel may be necessary to visit live project locations to meet clients.
- Working closely with consulting process design engineers and project team leads to deliver project.
- Enhance and support relationships with vendors, supply chain partners (products/services) and customers.
- Developing drawings of equipment and plant layouts in conjunction with CAD/BIM team, mechanical engineers and supporting disciplines.
- Developing Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs), Process & Instrumentation Drawings (P&IDs)
- Developing Process Mass Balance, Hydraulic, and energy as part of the Detailed Design.
- Development and Review of Site/Process Assessment Reports and Detailed Design Reports.
- Occasional Travel to Project Sites to provide expertise during plant start-up, commissioning.
- Participation in HAZOP’s studies.
- Check/understand Specifications, Drawings and other Contract Documents.
- Bachelor Degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Process Engineering or Diploma plus suitable experience.
- 8-10 years’ experience in design and delivery of industrial capacity Wastewater Treatment Plants (WWTP) preferably within AMT, Life Sciences, Food or Brewing sectors.
- Chartered Engineer status or working towards status an advantage but not essential.
- Good knowledge of MS Office and 2D/3D CAD/ BIM Revit software.