Website Asset Recruitment
Join our Client, a World Class biologics services provider at their state of the art Greenfield Biopharmaceuticals CMO site in Dundalk, Co. Louth
The Environmental Health and Safety Specialist will provide technical support on environmental, occupational health and safety, ergonomic management and other relevant environmental, health and safety areas. This role will support all EHS aspects to ensure successful completion of the capital site build while also playing a key role in developing the EHS Safety Program for Client sustaining operations.
• Support the establishment of an EHS management system to support the Client’s two manufacturing suites.
• Support and continue to work closely with current site contractor management programme. Ensure process in place to identify all high-risk work and associated risk assessments and permit to work program are in line with agreed processes and procedures.
• A key element of the role particularly in start up phase will be the initiation and conducting of risk assessments across the site and ensuring appropriate control measures are in place.
• Be a site champion in EHS practices and develop, promote and drive the maintenance of a strong, proactive health & safety culture on the project.
• Lead EHS management of the corrective action program (CAPA) process, providing regular guidance and measurement to all associates to ensure all corrective actions / preventative measures are addressed in a timely manner.
• Support the licensing process and ensure compliance with statutory legislation and internal policies and procedures.
• Coordinate site environmental waste management programme, reporting regularly and driving continuous improvement initiatives.
• Implement and update EHS control procedures detailing programme for Working at Height, Confined Space mgm, Work Permit programme, ERT among others as required.
• Assess training needs analysis and support the development of training programme. Participate in and deliver associated training where required.
• Coordinate activities regarding procurement, supply, provision and maintenance of safety equipment ensuring compliance to relevant standards and processes.
• Coordinate EHS related meetings and provide information and training as a recognised EHS expert.
• Play an important role in the implementation and development of the site ERT team for Operations start up.
• Complete risk assessments to determine relevant occupational health surveillance programs and coordinate same.
• Conduct thorough incident and accident investigations as required and report as per policies and procedures.
• Review and approve other functional SOP’s and URS’s and other safety documentation to support site EHS activities.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
• Diploma or Certificate in Health and Safety or equivalent is essential
• 3+ years’ experience in an Occupational Health and Safety role in an API / Biological manufacturing environment
• Experience in a start-up and commissioning environment.
• Experience in working in a GMP / Clean room environment and familiarity with these systems.
• Experience of EHS management systems including ISO14001, OHSAS18001 & ISO45001
• Strong ability to conduct risk assessments in a manufacturing environment.
• IOSH membership
• Experience working in a Bio Safety Level 1 manufacturing environment is preferable
• Experience in IPC licence and environmental management
• Experience in waste management