Website Asset Recruitment
Data Historian Lead Engineer (OSI-Pi)
Join our clients’ state-of-the-art greenfield manufacturing plant in Dundalk. This facility will be the world’s largest biopharmaceuticals contract manufacturing operation using single use technology
Summary of role:
The Automation Infrastructure Engineer will join another Infrastructure engineer and will be responsible for the AIS Systems Infrastructure and will support the installation, configuration, maintenance and backup/recovery of the IT Systems and Infrastructure associated with Process Automation (DeltaV), VPE (Siemens) and Lab Systems.
The ideal candidate will have strong LAN, HyperV, Windows Server, VMware, Citrix, AD, Domain Controls, IAM and Security experience. This position will work on the AIS Team with another Automation Infrastructure Engineer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Support critical-to-manufacturing and Laboratory systems and ensure their high availability reducing or eliminating unplanned downtime
• Provide subject matter expertise in the design and implementation of new or upgraded technologies within the manufacturing and Laboratory environments
• Work closely with corporate AIS and IT infrastructure teams to ensure continued technical alignment
• Responsibility for defining and implementing the maintenance of all manufacturing and laboratory system assets. Ensure appropriate monitoring, alerting and response to network and system issues affecting functionality and availability.
• Maintain relationships with critical suppliers, managing escalations and resolution of technical issues
• Work closely with corporate security to manage cybersecurity for manufacturing and laboratory systems. Evaluate corporate standards and manufacturing/laboratory specific technologies for suitability.
• Manage scheduling, implementation and reporting of preventative maintenance, OS and Application patching and upgrades on manufacturing systems network.
• Bachelors in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, Biotech Engineering or related computer science engineering with 5+ years’ experience in operations/manufacturing environment
• At least 4 years’ experience installing and configuring Server / Network infrastructure for Virtualised Systems solutions in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry is required
• In depth experience with regard to the physical installation of Server and Network Infrastructure
• Experience with Dell Multi-host blade systems
• Strong knowledge of virtualisation (VMWare and hyper – V) in an operational environment
• In-depth experience with Delta V Administration
• Experience with Backup and Recovery solutions for large virtualised server infrastructure
• Understanding of Microsoft Licensing and Vendor package licensing
• Experience deploying and managing Server and Network monitoring tools
• Understanding of key LAN principles in a manufacturing environment
• Experience with SQL Server and OSI Pi is a plus
• Strong network architecture or engineering proficiencies including TCP/IP, Routing, Switching, Network IDS/IPS, Active Directory, Domain Integration and Firewalls
• Experience with Microsoft Windows Server 2012, 2016 and 2019
• Experience with Thin Client Software solutions
• Experience in the preparation of method statements, safe plans of action and work permits
• Understanding of documentation, such as Hardware Design, Network Design, FAT and SAT documentation
• Knowledge of cGMP particularly as it applies to biologics manufacturing and automated systems
• Strong technical and organizational communication, coordination, and meeting facilitation skills
• Ability to apply analytical skills to evaluate and interpret complex problems using multiple sources of information
• Independent, self-motivated, organized, able to multi-task in project environments and skilled in communication and collaboration