Website Asset Recruitment
ref # 00894
Join our client, a Specialist High Voltage Engineering Company. The company has grown to become one of the top specialists in HV Turnkey projects, with offices in Ireland, the UK, Europe, Asia, and South Africa. The company is currently working on High Voltage projects in the utility sector and is also engaged in High Voltage projects in Renewables, Data Centres, Manufacturing and Pharmaceuticals in the private sector worldwide.
The successful candidate will be responsible for key elements of design delivery on one or more projects that may be working concurrently. He/she will report directly to the Design Engineering Manager.
• Overall responsibility for the electrical requirements of projects assigned to you ensuring resources are assigned and the project runs efficiently.
• Train and mentor Junior Project Engineers and ensure work provided is on track for completion in line with project milestones.
• Work closely with civil designer to ensure civil aspects meet electrical equipment requirements.
• Act as single point of contact (SPOC) with Utility provider and client owners engineer.
• Manage electrical & civil design logs from Utility provider and client owners engineer.
• Manage design pack submittals to Utility provider and client owners engineer.
• Preparation of procurement specifications for the main primary plant including HV power transformers, HV circuit breakers, HV switchgear and NERs.
• Review supplier documents and schematics to ensure equipment is compliant with technical specifications and functional specifications.
• Responsible for sign off, of all major equipment prior to being issued for manufacturing.
• Responsible for approval of physical HV layouts, electrical systems, secondary control and protection systems and single line diagrams.
• Responsible for approval of HV system studies including protection coordination, voltage regulation, load flow and fault level reports.
• Attend Utility provider and client owners engineer meetings as required.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree (level 8) in Electrical Engineering
• Minimum 3 Years’ Experience in a similar role with HV contractor or utility
• Motivated self-starter with the determination and drive to succeed
• Working knowledge of design software to include ETAP, Eplan, AutoCAD
• International exposure desirable
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills
• Team player who demonstrates high level of initiative
• Keen interest in learning & professional development