Website Asset Recruitment
Senior Project Manager- Life Science Projects
An exciting career has arisen for a Senior Project Manager to join our client a prestigious multinational EPCM Consultancy at their Dublin based offices to expand and develop their current Biopharma & Life Sciences business across Northern Europe
- The Senior Project Manager- Life Sciences function will be to administer contracts and ensure projects are planned, designed, procured, constructed and commissioned safely within time, cost, quality and performance parameters agreed with the Client.
- In an organisation where repeat business is highly valued, the responsibilities of the Business Project Manager- Life Sciences toward achieving high client satisfaction will be of paramount importance. The Business Project Manager- Life Sciences will be responsibility for ensuring the obligations of the contract between the Client and the Company are fulfilled.
- As principal point of contact for the client, and the head of the project Senior Leadership Team, the post holder will be accountable, for the strategic leadership, direction and development of projects and will report directly to the Regional and Business Unit Leadership.
- The successful candidate will play an active part with the development of the Biopharma & Life Sciences business in Northern Europe, supporting acquisition of new work and company growth.
- The Business Project Manager- Life Sciences will represent the client when dealing with external and internal clients, as well as suppliers, sub-contractors and government agencies.
- Control and administration of the flow of data and information within the Company and between the Company and the Client and other principal organisations such as licensors, joint venture partners and any local and statutory authorities,
- Ensuring all contractual, safety, statutory and legal obligations are met.
- Reviewing and approving Execution plans for projects.
- Working within matrix organisational structure and drawing upon functional resources of the Company to execute projects to client, industry, statutory and international required standards.
- Organising Project Review Meetings at regular intervals to review actual progress, identify problem areas and agree remedial actions where required.
- Ensuring that expenditure of work-hours and costs is properly monitored, controlled and reported to management and to the Client as appropriate.
- Exercising contract change control, ensuring Client approval (when applicable) before additional expenditure of time and/or costs.
- Authorising internal changes when necessary for achievement of contract objectives,
- Reporting to management, in standard written form, advising on Company performance in terms of Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Commissioning, Programme, Costs and Resources,
- The successful candidate will also play an active part in the development of the Company’s business in the Northern Europe region, supporting acquisition of new work and Company growth.
- Supporting sales/marketing on proposals and presentation of the Company to Clients.
- Safe execution of all projects will be the prime responsibility of the Business Project Manager.
Experience & Qualifications Requirements
- Substantial years Life Sciences cGMP experience (Biotech required) with proven ability in successfully executing and completing projects,
- Proficiency across Engineering, Procurement and Execution processes and strategies,
- Specialist experience in key cGMP technical areas e.g. Biopharma, Fill/Finish, Clean Utilities,
- MEP design experience (preferable),
- Chartered Engineer,
- PMP or equivalent (preferable)
- 3D/BIM knowledge
Key Expertise and Skill Sets
- Will have worked in EPCM/EPC environment
- Client Stakeholder Management
- Business Development/Proposal Writing
- P&L Responsibility for Projects
- Contract Negotiation/Administration
- Delivery of Design Scope within Budget Hours/Schedule
- Design Experience
- Commercial Awareness
- Project Staffing