Website Asset Recruitment
Associate Director, Site Engineering- Leiden, The Netherlands
This an exciting and new opportunity to join one of the world’s largest biopharma companies operating at the cutting edge of life science technology producing innovative medicines dedicated to helping patients prevail over serious diseases. Inspired by a single vision “transforming patients’ lives through science.
Our client has been active in the Netherlands for over 50 years, home to our clients first European Cell Therapy facility, located in Leiden at their state-of-the-art facility focused on commercial manufacturing with capabilities for multi-product Cell Therapy manufacturing. As our client continues to expand their footprint by building this new site, they are looking to grow their team. Would you like to become an important chain in our client’s worldwide network to bring this new personalized treatment to patients suffering from blood cancer? If so contact us now for a private discussion on this exciting career opportunity
- The Associate Director, Site Engineering will have total oversight of site engineering in support of capital projects and portfolio serving the Cell Therapy organization.
- You will manage the engineering department delivering the site capital portfolio to achieve site priorities aligned to Business and Company objectives.
In this role the successful applicant will be initially responsible for engineering management and oversight of the new Cell Therapy facility through construction whilst establishing a site engineering organization in preparation for facility turnover.
- In this role, the successful applicant will lead a team of highly professional project staff, external resources and will apply best practice project management techniques such as scope management, project controls, schedule development, risk monitoring and robust project governance techniques delivering transparency to achieve business and project objectives.
- The successful applicant will be accountable for the capital projects lifecycle including planning, design, construction, commissioning, turnover and the successful delivery of capital projects to schedule and capital budget.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering
- A minimum 10 years of experience in project management and delivery in the pharmaceutical industry
- Significant biopharmaceutical construction project management skills
- Proven experience managing capital projects with emphasis on utility and infrastructure upgrades
- Experience leading multidisciplinary engineering teams
- Experience in Advanced Therapy Medicinal Products (ATMP) such as Cell Therapy
- Hands on experience in negotiation and management of contracts and agreements
- Demonstrated ability to think and communicate in a clear, decisive manner, to remain calm and reach independent, sound solutions during normal and emergency situations