Website Asset Recruitment
Job ref #01018
Opportunity to join one of the world’s leading optical companies. With decades of experience as a manufacturer of optical lenses and precision equipment, the Company developed the world’s first production-worthy step-and-repeat photolithography tools. Today, they are a leading global supplier of Semiconductor lithography systems.
Due to ongoing expansion of our Irish operation, we are currently hiring a Quality Assurance Engineer to join their Engineering Support team, based at a key semiconductor supplier’s campus in Co. Kildare.
The Quality Assurance Engineer position provides expertise to field service engineers, supports team as well as customers (if appropriate) in solving product quality related issues including product manufacturing issues, field failure analysis, ECC (Equipment Change Control) and modifications support, of photolithographic machines (NSR) within the customer manufacturing environment. It also provides expertise in resolving workmanship quality issues and improving service quality.
This role is standard working hours Monday – Friday. However, flexibility is required for travel and occasional out-of-hours work as this individual will be coordinating with teams in the US & Japan.
Varying work patterns will be required during the training period
Product Quality Assurance support:
· A POC (point of contact) to coordinate QA support activities in responsible areas or in specified customers
· Escalate QA issues to QA and management whenever required
· Join QA related escalation and own QA related follow-up actions
· Help to create NCR and HRN report or make sure the site team create NCR and HRN report in FP and NC SWAT system
· Use FP and QIM system to track all ongoing customer’s FA investigations. Provide report and/or update to Site Teams and the customer where required
· Gather QA support related technical information from QA section and help to proliferate them to site teams
· Help to proliferate QA urgent notifications
· Work with QA on pre-QAN and QAN
· Define meeting agenda for your responsible areas or specified customer account when required, and join regular QA forum
· Represent Company-QA in meetings with customer regarding QA issue (QAN, failure analysis report)
· Host or join weekly QA conference calls with site teams
· Provide or help to provide regular QA update (weekly, monthly and quarterly) to customers by working closely with customer site team and QA
ECC and Modifications support:
· A POC to coordinate QA related modification activities in responsible areas or in specified customers
· Interface to modifications support team of QA and Sales
· Proliferate technical information for modifications and distribute it to Service/site teams
· Work with site team on modification schedule
· Work with site and install team on reuse tool modifications support in specified customer
· Promote quality and performance enhancement related modifications at customer
Workmanship quality support:
· Work with site team and other departments on reported cases in the new quality improvement program.
· Work with site team and QA on customer workmanship quality issue and MQI issues
· Help to clarify MQI problem statement and work with site team on corrective actions and follow-up activities
· Deliver GSP (Good Service Practice) training and regular updates.
Other support activities:
· Maintain a good level of technical knowledge on step-and-repeat tools, including new generation of machines
· Represent Company-QA in future development and planning of QA systems and processes for QA support
· Deliver QA systems and Processes training and its updates to site teams
· Trouble-shooting Support – Work closely with site team and Engineering Support on daily or weekly basis, and provide necessary information on known problems and solutions (FA, QAN, approved mods, or ongoing QA investigations) to problems at customer sites
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
· Bachelor’s Degree (Hons) in Engineering, Science or equivalent.
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Quality Assurance. Experience in manufacturing and inspection will be an advantage.
· Strong background in quality assurance process and system
· Familiar with safety requirements relevant to the industry
· Good general computer skills.
· Ability to identify needs for technical meetings, to organise and lead those meetings
· Competent to take responsibility for information transfer to other groups
· Ability to represent QA dept. at technical meetings with customer