Website Asset Recruitment
PROJECT MANAGER (Life Sciences)
The Senior Project Manager’s function is to administer contracts and ensure projects are planned, designed, procured, constructed, and commissioned safely and within time, cost, quality and performance specifications agreed with clients.
Repeat business is highly valued, the Project Manager’s contribution in achieving high client satisfaction is of paramount importance. The Senior Project Manager has total responsibility for ensuring the obligations of the contract between the client’s customers are fulfilled.
Qualifications / Experience:
• Chartered Engineer
• PMP or equivalent (preferable)
• MEP design experience (preferable)
• Significant years overall experience (including international)
• Proven ability to successfully lead and complete projects.
• Substantial years Life Sciences experience (Biotech required)
• Specialist experience in key technical areas e.g., Biopharma, Fill/Finish, Clean Utilities.
• 3D/BIM knowledge
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Design experience
• Worked in EPCM/EPC environment.
• Client stakeholder management
• P&L responsibility for projects
• Commercial awareness
• Contract negotiation/administration
• Delivery of design scope within budget hours/schedule
• Project staffing
• Business development/proposal writing
• The PM works within the matrix organizational structure and draws upon the functional resources of the Company to properly execute the project.
• The PM represents the Company when dealing with the Client, as well as with other bodies such as suppliers, sub-contractors and government agencies.
• Ensure that all company’s contractual, safety, statutory and legal obligations are met; to the satisfaction of the Client.
• You will play an active part with the development of the Biopharma & Life Sciences business in Ireland, supporting the acquisition of new work and the growth of the Company.
• Control and administer the flow of data and information within the Company and between the Company and the Client and other principal organizations such as licensors, joint venture partners and any local and statutory authorities.
• Organize Project Review Meetings at regular intervals to review actual progress, identify problem areas and agree remedial actions.
• Ensure that expenditure of workhours and costs is properly monitored, controlled and reported to management and to the Client as appropriate.
• Exercise contract change control, ensuring Client approval (when applicable) before additional expenditure of time and/or costs. Authorize internal changes when necessary for the achievement of contract objectives.
• Report to management monthly, in standard written form, advising on Company performance in terms of engineering, procurement, construction, commissioning, programme, costs and resources.
• You will also play an active part with the development of the business in Ireland, supporting the acquisition of new work and the growth of the Company. Support sales/marketing on proposals and presentation of the Company to Clients.