Website Asset Recruitment
Our client is one of the world’s leading optical companies, they are a global supplier of Semiconductor lithography systems. The company provide Service to customers during all the lifecycle of the Scanner.
Provide support to service teams to maintain, repair, optimize or upgrade complex systems or sub-systems for Company photolithographic machines at the customer-manufacturing sites.
Provide technical expertise to prepare and execute interventions to de-assemble and re-assemble machines’ systems and or subsystems.
Work effectively with the Site Technical Leader (STL), Engineer in Charge (EIC), Quality Assurance (QA) Engineers, Shift engineers and external support teams to ensure hardware interventions are correctly planned and executed in the most efficient manner and without any quality issues
• Support local site for complex systems and/or subsystems maintenance, repair, optimization or upgrade.
• Support local site for quick resolution of problems by assisting/owning action plans development based on their knowledge of systems/subsystems and executing these action plans.
• Provide quicker problem resolution by providing on-site advanced technical support.
• Support field sites by creating/verifying technical documentation.
• Present technical material internally and customer meetings as required.
• Apply advanced knowledge of Company equipment to resolve complex machine issues.
• Maintain knowledge of current activities by attending regular scheduled meetings.
• Maintain knowledge of approved modification by regularly meeting with Quality Assurance (QA) department.
• Use company systems and documented procedures to direct and lead all tasks to completion.
• Continuously upskill technical knowledge by attending formal training or On the Job Training (OJT).
• Increase base knowledge and skill of field personnel in all product lines and/or systems by transferring technical information and creating Best Known Methods (BKM) as needed from provided materials.
• Other duties as required.
• Third-level qualification in a related Engineering field such as Electronics, Electrical, Mechanical, ElectroMechanical, Physics or Optics and/or commensurate experience in a semiconductor environment.
• Minimum of 4-6 years hands on experience in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
• Expert in generating action plans to investigate/resolve complex machine issues and manage their execution.
• Competent in owning troubleshooting/repair of system faults and proven ability to resolve difficult machine problems
• Experience with script writing to collect, manipulate and analyse data when needed.
• Project management experience.
• Fluent English (written & spoken), Japanese is a benefit.
• Clear and concise technical writing skills.
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite & software applications.
• Flexibility to work a variety of shift patterns, including working normal office hours, dayshift, nightshift and weekend working.
• Varying work patterns will be required during the training and transition period.
• Occasional long periods abroad for training and customer assistance as required.
What the Company offer:
• Competitive salary and benefits package including: leasing car or car allowance, unsocial hours allowance (as worked), discretionary bonus, contributory pension scheme, life insurance, healthcare insurance (incl. spouse/family), long-term service awards.
• Comprehensive training program involving international travel.
• Opportunities for professional development.