Website Asset Recruitment
Engineering Support Engineer (Software)
Our client is one of the world’s leading optical companies and global supplier of Semiconductor lithography systems. The company provide Service to customers during all the lifecycle of the Scanner.
The Engineering Support Engineer (Software) position provides opportunities for the candidate to use their technical expertise, including their trouble shooting and data analysis skills in investigating complex technical issues; preparing internal and customer explanation material; generating action plans; oversee their execution and ensure quick resolution of the issue.Varying work patterns will be involved during training and working hours, so flexibility may be required.
• Apply advanced knowledge of the equipment to resolve complex issues.
• Use company systems and documented procedures to direct and lead all tasks to completion.
• Prepare and perform machine control system software upgrades. Create valid software configurations for NSR models.
• Be main point of contact for technical communications between client and vendor companies
• Use technical expertise to take ownership and investigate complex machine issues including escalation to Japan Headquarters when appropriate.
• Support local sites for quick resolution of problems by using technical knowledge and data analytical skills to develop and proliferate action plans and to oversee their execution.
• Work efficiently with other departments/groups within business unit to ensure each technical issue is prioritized appropriately and resolved in a timely manner.
• Increase base technical knowledge of field personnel in all product lines and/or systems by transferring technical information, delivering training and creating technical documentation.
• Increase base data analytical knowledge and skill of field personnel in all product lines and/or systems by transferring technical information and creating BKM’s as needed.
• Improve site skill level by proliferating technical knowledge, creating documentation, providing mentoring and OJT to the other Engineers. Maintain knowledge of current activities by attending regular scheduled meetings.
• Ensure budget accuracy by timely submission of timesheets, travel requests, expense reports.
• Mentor and guide others in using best known methods in troubleshooting the system in a logical order, in order to solve problems and to effectively communicate solutions.
• Prepare, document, and review planned activities. Proactively prepare for potential problems.
• Work in a small, diverse team, staying up to date with all of the teams’ activities, and stand in for team members when necessary.
• Minimum Qualifications – 3 year relevant Engineering or science Diploma. Must have excellent understanding of electronics, mechanics, optics, software development or other discipline relevant to the Semiconductor Industry.
• Proficient with any analysis software and/or programming language (Python, Perl, Matlab).
• Proficient with any Computer Operating Systems (Windows, Linux, OpenVMS, etc.).
• Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite – Excel VBA is a benefit.
• Project management skills.
• Competent in performing troubleshooting/repair of system faults and proven ability to resolve difficult machine problems without supervision.
• Excellent problem solving, organisational and critical thinking skills
• High levels of communicational skills – proficient in English with Japanese a distinct advantage and others beneficial