Website Asset Recruitment
Field Service Engineer (International)
The Field Service Engineer (FSE) travels to Company customers’ sites and carries out installation, operation training, support, service and repair of equipment. When not at customer site the FSE will provide remote support to customers or to fellow engineers and deliver service training to new hires.
• Be responsible for performing all routine maintenance and repair, providing on-site and on-call service for to the customer as detailed in any service agreement.
• When necessary, replace defective units, components, or parts as appropriate.
• Prepare and maintain accurate logs, service records, part usage documentation and diagnostic updates.
• Submit written service reports concerning all maintenance activities.
• Install or relocate customer equipment and perform associated start-up and check-out procedures.
• Carry out Acceptance Test Procedure.
• Report in a timely, concise and matter of fact manner any interaction with customers, or other items that affect directly or indirectly the company’s business.
• Report and communicate technical issues to other technical staff and customers.
• Ensure the escalation procedure is adhered to.
• Be responsible for the ordering, maintaining, and returning of spare parts and tooling as required to complete work.
• Provides feedback for improvement on technical documentation.
• Provide mentoring, guidance, and leadership to junior or less experienced FSE’s.
• May on occasion be asked to provide technical training when required both to customer and to new FSE in their area of expertise.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics and/or Mechanical Engineering, knowledge/experience in Optics and Pneumatics an advantage.
• Good understanding of Photolithography and Semiconductor processing an advantage.
• 2+ years experience in a similar role within the semiconductor industry
• Practical “hands-on” ability.
• Proven troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
• Ability to collect and analyse data to diagnose and report problems.
• Ability to read electronic schematics and mechanical drawings
• Self-motivated to learn on the job.
• Fluent level of English (spoken & written).
• Proficiency with business software (MS Office)
About the role:
This is mostly a day role Monday to Friday 08: 00-17:00, although occasional weekend work may be required.
This role will involve 50% international travel. For the other 50%, you will be based around customer sites in Ireland or working remotely.