Website Asset Recruitment
This role will support the commissioning & qualification activities for a number of Single Use Bioreactor (SUB) skids the cGMP manufacture of biological bulk drug substance (BDS). The Upstream CQV Engineer will also provide expertise to support the start-up into routine commercial manufacturing. The position is accountable for the timely completion of all Upstream and SUB-related commissioning and qualification milestones.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage, coordinate and guide SUB CQV execution based upon the validation plan.
• Ensure adherence to project schedule timelines.
• Serve as a subject-matter expert on SUB skids, and upstream related activities.
• Author & review commissioning and qualification documents such as IOQ protocols, qualification validation protocols, summary reports risk assessments and deviations.
• Owns the closure of any open issues such as FAT punches & deviations.
• Proactively recognises and highlights any compliance issues as they arise.
• Leads and maintains a safe working environment during CQV e.g. Work Permits, Safe Plans of Action, COHE, LOTO, etc.
• Trouble shoot Upstream process and SUB skid-related issues.
• Identify and implement SUB related improvements where feasible.
• Supports system handover to Manufacturing.
• Demonstrates proficiency in communciating and collaborating with stakeholders and vendors
• Participates in internal and external audits when required
• Temporary shift work may be required as needed
• A minimum of 2-5 years’ experience for Upstream CQV engineer role working in a Biologics or similar GMP environment as part of an engineering or technical services function.
• Knowledge and experience with facility start-up projects (brown field or green field).
• Experienced in the execution of commissioning and qualification of Single Use Bioreactors and associated process equipment (e.g. filtration systems, Single Use Mixers and Bag Holders, etc).
• Possess in-depth knowledge of SUB skid operation & Upstream processing in Biopharma.
• Possess in depth knowledge of hazards associated with SUB skid start up
• Experience in troubleshooting and providing technical and engineering solutions for SUB-based operations and equipment in a biologics or similar processing environment.
• Experience in automation change control.
• Good interpersonal skills coupled with demonstrated ability to effectively work with cross functional area.
• Ability to present and successfully defend technical and scientific approaches in both written and verbal form.
The following experience would be strongly advantageous:
• Experience of SUB operations for a multiproduct facility is advantageous.
• Experience operating in a Delta V environment would be a distinct advantage.
• B.Eng or B.Sc in Chemical / Process engineering or relevant science discipline is required.
• A qualification in project management would be advantageous.