Website Asset Recruitment
Support the management of an international supply base to meet business requirements in terms of purchasing, delivery, quality and total cost of ownership. Work with site operations and Strategic Procurement to identify and develop long-term supplier relationships to meet current and future requirements.
Lead RFQ, supplier selection and contract negotiation processes with suppliers, in line with business needs. Support an active improvement program with suppliers to reduce cost and improve quality and service levels, in line with site expectations and requirements. Support commercial discussions with suppliers. Actively contribute to the development and structure of the supply base in a strategic manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Support the process to purchase all laboratory materials and indirect services to support Production operations, in line with business requirements. Manage VMI programs to minimise inventory levels.
• Carryout RFQ were following procurement principle to achieve best value for the business
• Support the monitoring of key metrics in the areas of supplier delivery, cost, quality, and service which clearly demonstrate performance against targets. Drive supplier corrective actions where performance falls below agreed target levels.
• Conduct Business Reviews with Suppliers to ensure that performance is to target and expectations are clearly understood. Agree development/improvement programs where required. Drive resulting corrective actions to conclusion.
• Support all significant issue resolution programs with suppliers, with other relevant functions within the business. Be able to utilise structured problem solving techniques (e.g. A3) to ensure root causes are addressed and corrective actions are effective.
• Lead negotiations and implementation of contracts and SLA’s for procurement categories
• Identify supplier risk situations and work with site functions and Strategic Procurement to implement risk mitigations strategies
• Participate in RFQ and Supplier Selection activities to ensure that any new suppliers are aligned with our business principles and always behave in an ethical and equitable manner
• Assist with the Change Controls process where required
• Minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience within a purchasing, procurement or sourcing position, preferably in a pharmaceutical manufacturing industry sector
• Strong working knowledge of procurement tools and platforms, processes, methods and Reporting techniques.
• A commercial background with a track record in cost management and reduction
• A team player who can work proactively on cross-functional teams
• Self motivated, honest and accountable
• Problem solving, planning and analytical skills.
• Ability to collate and analyse large amounts of data in a methodical and structured manner.
• Ability to build strong and influential business relationships with suppliers to achieve business objectives.
• Experience in negotiation and influencing skills with suppliers, with demonstrative results in securing competitive pricing and overall terms and conditions
• Strong numeracy skills and accurate financial analysis and reporting.
• Excellent oral communications, business writing skills, inter-personal and presentation skills. Ability to conduct and lead meetings effectively
• SAP Purchasing experience highly desirable