Website Asset Recruitment
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Our client, a well-established Mechanical engineering company, is seeking experienced and professional Quantity Surveyors for permanent staff positions based in Dublin, Waterford, Cork and Limerick. This offers a fantastic opportunity where you will be an essential part of their team, playing a key role in ensuring the effective financial and contractual management of projects.
Tasks will involve working on tenders for a range of Pharmaceuticals, Semiconductor Food & Beverage, Data Centre, Commercial projects in Ireland and the UK.
• Collaborate closely with the Project Director and Contracts Manager.
• Foster and maintain strong relationships with Client Representatives on behalf of Engineering.
• Review tender inquiries and analyses.
• Oversee the supply chain, ensuring timely deliveries.
• Attend site meetings to keep all stakeholders informed and address project issues.
• Estimate and tender for projects with the Head Office Team.
• Negotiate new projects and cost-effective fixed price premiums.
• Lead pre-award meetings with sub-contractors in conjunction with our construction team.
• Handle sub-contractor re-measurement, interim, and final account payments.
• Process sub-contractor payment certificates on a regular basis.
• Compile the variation log and approve variations with Project Quantity Surveyors.
• Issue interim payment applications and coordinate payments with the Project Quantity Surveyor.
• Prepare final accounts at the end of projects.
• Manage subcontract purchasing and on-site package monitoring.
• Monitor contract charges and notify sub-contractors as needed.
• Provide cash flow forecasting and monthly reports to the accounts department.
• Offer leadership, motivation, and mentoring to junior Quantity Surveyors.
• 5+ years’ experience in a Mechanical contracting role dealing with Subcontractors and Clients regarding valuations, variations, final accounts, and cost reporting.
• Understanding of specifications, bills of quantities, and drawings.
• Proficiency in extracting quantities from drawings and sending inquiries to sub-contractors and suppliers to ensure accurate quotations within specified time frames.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to provide and explain accurate reports.
• Self-starter with the ability to manage activities and priorities with minimal supervision.
• Strong budget management skills.
• Computer literacy in Microsoft Office and other Quantity Surveying Packages