Website Asset Recruitment
Project Engineer / Consultant Analyst
Byrne O ‘Cléirigh is an Irish-owned company that has been in business for 40 years. A new opportunity has arisen to join their firm of professional engineers and management consultants based in Dublin 2.
Upon joining, you will work on a diverse range of technical and management consultancy projects to help leading organisations realise their operational and strategic opportunities.. You will work on projects in fields such as energy, climate action, environmental protection, sustainability and risk management.
Examples of previous assignments which Byrne O ‘Cléirigh have been involved in include:
Renewable transport – The Biofuel Obligation Scheme (BOS) was introduced as part of Ireland’s strategy to increase renewable energy consumption in transport. Byrne Ó Cléirigh leads the team that implements the BOS on behalf of the National Oil Reserves Agency (NORA) and they continue to operate and further develop the scheme.
Compliance & sustainability in petroleum storage sector – Byrne O ‘Cléirigh provide advisory services on environmental protection and risk management of major accident hazards across a wide spectrum of industrial processes, one of which is the downstream petroleum sector. One of their longest running assignments has been to assist with environmental and safety compliance at the 1.2 million tonne oil storage terminal on Whiddy Island in Co. Cork
Pharmaceuticals – A manufacturer wanted to introduce a new pharmaceutical synthesis process at its existing advanced manufacturing facility. The process would require the introduction of several new substances classified as dangerous under the COMAH regulations. Byrne O ‘Cléirigh carried out a comprehensive assessment of the major accident hazard risk associated with the new processes.
This will be a varied role working on a range of challenging and stimulating projects. For each assignment, you will:
• Identify and define the ‘problem’, by engaging directly with the client to understand their needs.
• Undertake rigorous analysis to underpin the development of a bespoke, high-quality solution for tackling a problem or exploiting an opportunity.
• Typical tasks include research, investigation, consultation, risk assessment, data analysis, specification, modelling, project management and techno-economic assessment.
• Prepare robust, well-reasoned and well-presented professional opinion for inclusion in a key document or presentation e.g. a report for publication, an executive-level briefing, a feasibility study, a regulatory submission.
Other duties include:
• Working closely with experienced professional engineers to manage specific aspects of assignments, with growing responsibility for quality, budget and schedule.
• Developing and implementing your commercial skills, to manage commercial aspects of projects.
• Developing and consolidating client relationships / networks and keeping up to date with developments and innovations within relevant sectors.
• Contributing to the growth and development of the Company by proactively marketing its services and developing new service offerings.
• Following a CPD plan on a pathway towards Chartered Engineer status.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineer field (preferably Mechanical, Chemical or Energy Systems)
• 2+ years’ of professional experience in a similar role (ideally with experience in energy, oil & gas, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, food & drink manufacturing or consultancy)
• A keen interest in at least two of the following: energy, sustainability, environmental protection, compliance, safety & risk management, and policy development & implementation.
• Excellent numeracy skills, including a high level of accuracy.
• Clear and precise communication skills. Must be fluent in English – written and spoken.
• Ability to plan, prioritise and manage tasks and projects to successful conclusion – within deadlines and budgets.
• Cooperative and flexible approach to work, both in terms of time and methods, with a willingness to embrace change.
Highly Desired but not essential:
• Experience in preparing high-quality documents and written communications.