Website Asset Recruitment
Project Engineer (Consultancy)
Our client is an Irish-owned company who have been in business for over 20 years. A new opportunity has arisen to join their cross-disciplined and close-knit team whom are widely respected for their expertise, dedication and motivation. You will work on a diverse range of technical and management consultancy projects to help leading organisations realise their operational and strategic opportunities. The company offer their services to the following sectors: energy, climate action, environmental protection, sustainability and risk management. You will also contribute to the further development of the business. To date, the company have undertaken assignments throughout Europe and in Africa, Russia, North & Latin America and Asia.
This will be a varied role working on a range of challenging and stimulating projects. For each assignment, you will:
• Identify and define the ‘problem’, by engaging directly with the client to understand their needs.
• Undertake rigorous analysis to underpin the development of a bespoke, high-quality solution for tackling a problem or exploiting an opportunity.
• Typical tasks include research, investigation, consultation, risk assessment, data analysis, specification, modelling, project management and techno-economic assessment.
• Prepare robust, well-reasoned and well-presented professional opinion for inclusion in a key document or presentation e.g. a report for publication, an executive-level briefing, a feasibility study, a regulatory submission.
Other Duties include:
• Working closely with experienced professional engineers to manage specific aspects of assignments, with growing responsibility for quality, budget and schedule.
• Developing and implementing your commercial skills, to manage commercial aspects of projects.
• Developing and consolidating client relationships / networks and keeping up to date with developments and innovations within relevant sectors.
• Contributing to the growth and development of the Company by proactively marketing our services and developing new service offerings.
• Contributing to the development of the firm’s competence and professional standards.
• Following a CPD plan on a pathway towards Chartered Engineer status.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Engineer field (preferably Mechanical, Chemical or Energy Systems)
• 2+ years’ of professional experience in a similar role (ideally with experience in energy, oil & gas, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, food & drink manufacturing.)
• A keen interest in at least two of the following: energy, sustainability, environmental protection, compliance, safety & risk management, and policy development & implementation.
• Excellent numeracy skills, including a high level of accuracy.
• Clear and precise communication skills. Must be fluent in English – written and spoken.
• Ability to plan, prioritise and manage tasks and projects to successful conclusion – within deadlines and budgets.
• Cooperative and flexible approach to work, both in terms of time and methods, with a willingness to embrace change.
Highly Desired but not essential:
• Experience in preparing high-quality documents and written communications.
• Experience in using business intelligence tools, such as Power BI or Tableau.