Website Asset Recruitment
An excellent permanent staff opportunity has arisen with a long-established mechanical engineering client for an experienced, professional Mechanical Estimator, who will be an integral part of our client’s estimating team and who will report into the client’s Senior Estimator.
The successful candidate’s primary responsibility will be the prompt and accurate creation of mechanical cost estimates and gaining proficiency in cost estimating software provided through clients training. Tasks will involve working on tenders for a range of Pharmaceuticals, Semiconductor Food & Beverage, Data Centre, Commercial projects in Ireland and the UK.
– Conduct thorough reviews of tender documents, drawings, specifications, schedules, and more.
– Manage the request, evaluation, and organization of supplier and sub-contractor quotations.
– Perform precise quantity take-offs and mark up measured drawings.
– Issue tender queries and RFIs (Request for Information).
– Prepare costed bill of quantities.
– Generate tender reports, pricing schedules, and other essential tender documents.
– Offer insights into potential value engineering opportunities.
– Attend meetings and conduct site visits as required.
– Adhere to tender return deadlines.
– Maintain the database.
– Collaborate effectively with clients, consultants, contractors, and project teams.
– Perform other related tasks as needed.
– Degree in Mechanical, Process, Building Services Engineering, or related disciplines.
– Previous experience in Mechanical Cost Estimating within a contracting environment is advantageous.
– Strong understanding of Mechanical and Process Pipework Systems, HVAC, plumbing, and other mechanical building services systems.
– Knowledge of various mechanical and process pipework materials.
– Ability to interpret drawings and specs, perform take-offs, and create Bill of Quantities.
– Workload management and meeting deadlines.
– Excellent time management, communication, numerical analysis, organizational skills, and problem-solving abilities.