Website Asset Recruitment
*Contract or Permanent Role*
Mechanical Quantity Surveyor
The role will predominately focus on projects within the Life Sciences sector (Pharma/Biopharma) but may branch into other sectors such as semi-conductor and Data centre.
The role will include all aspects of Quantity Surveying both pre and post contract across a variety of sectors. The successful candidate will be equally capable of working independently or as part of a larger team and will report directly to the managing surveyor.
Pre-Contract responsibilities would include:
• Preparing capital cost estimates
• Assisting in tendering procedures and contract arrangements
• Prepare pricing documents for tender packages
During the tendering phase responsibilities would include:
• Providing advice on tendering procedures
• Draft instructions to tenderers
• Development of tender evaluation criteria
• Drafting of PQQ questionnaires
• Handling queries during tender period
• Commercial evaluation of all tender submissions
• Negotiation with tenderers
Post Contract duties would include:
• Reporting to the Commercial Manager and responsible for commercial aspects on the project.
• Preparation of Interim Valuations.
• Preparation of monthly Cost Reporting.
• Client and Contractor meetings.
• Negotiation and agreement of Variations.
• Review and assessment of Contract Claims.
• Agreement of Final Accounts
• Quantity Surveying degree.
• 3+ years’ experience in the Construction Industry.
• Ability to work well within a team and to collaborate with others.
• Must be commercially aware, flexible and have ambition to progress within the organisation.
• Drive and determination to manage strict budgets to ensure the commercial success of the project.
• Ability to use time productively, maximise efficiency and meet challenging work goals.