Website Asset Recruitment
Excellent contract opportunity with international EPCM Consultancy working on some of the most exciting Pharmaceutical, Semiconductor and large scale capital projects in Europe. These opportunities are for projects based in Dublin and Cork.
The Construction Manager is assigned to a project as the most senior member of the Construction Team with responsibility for the proper and timely construction of the project in accordance with the detailed design, the control estimate and other specific requirements of the contract, all in accordance with the clients SOP’s, WI’s, standards etc.
The Construction Manager is responsible for the management of all construction activities including but not limited to:
• Daily meetings with client representatives
• Daily meetings with the subcontractors
• Managing construction and engineering teams from Jacobs and various sub-contractors to work together to complete the project safely, within the schedule and budget.
The Construction Manager also provides the primary link between the client and Jacobs during the construction phase of the project.
The duties of the Construction Manager are set out below but also include any other reasonable activity as directed from time to time to suit the needs of a particular project:
• Constructability Reviews and Interactive planning sessions with the Client and Design Team.
• Ensures site construction phase of a project is adequately provided with capable, qualified and
experienced personnel, together with plant, tools, temporary facilities and other resources.
• Discharges clients contractual responsibilities for the site construction of a project safely,
efficiently, within budget and to the quality standards required.
• Develops a best in class site enabling plan to support a positive culture from outset of project.
• Complies with clients construction methods, procedures and practices in, particularly those
relating to QA, safety, personnel and industrial relations; where found to be inadequate.
• Ensures that the applicable statutory and other legal requirements are properly observed.
• Understands implications of SHAWA and Regulations as they affect responsibilities
employees, site visitors, client etc.
• Keeps abreast of developments in the construction industry and assists in ensuring that clients capability continues to develop and excel.
• Ensures that the project is constructed to the drawings, specifications, applicable standards,
good construction practices, to schedule and in accordance with the cost budget.
• Directs and controls the activities of the assigned staff and their functions to comply with
cost budget requirement.
• Monitors the site accounting practices and control of the site cash and ensures clients procedures are properly discharged.
• Carries out assessments and appraisals of the staff and records the results in accordance with clients practice.
• Determines the needs for staff training for proper execution of the project under construction and makes recommendations accordingly.
• Adheres to the clients policies for the employment of labour and ensures that all matters concerning labour relations are dealt with in accordance with the labour agreements.
• Properly implements the Client’s regulations for Fire, Safety and Security.
• Prepares and submits at the prescribed dates the required reports on Quality Assurance, Quality Control, progress and costs.
• Co-ordinates and negotiates with Client’s representatives on construction matters relative to the contact requirements.