Website Asset Recruitment
Senior Health and Safety Officer
Contract – 6 months. (3 days on site and 2 days at home while Covid levels high)
Reporting into the EHS manager, the Senior H&S Officer will be responsible for the following key areas:
Act as the regulatory contact with the HSA to provide information as requested and to notify safety incidences as required.
Compile and maintain the Health and Safety legislative register through involvement with external groups and ensure that company standards and interpretation of the legislation is consistent with the best industry practice and Corporate requirements. Ensure compliance with HSA process safety requirements in consultation with the EHS Engineer and the Senior Safety Engineer.
Safety Management System
Ensure maintenance of the safety management system ISO 45001 to ensure that the policies and procedures are consistent with best safety standards and that the elements as defined below comply with regulatory requirements and reflect continuous improvement initiatives:
▪ Identify continuous improvement opportunities, communicate to management and review periodically
▪ Safety Statement review
▪ Risk and Opportunity Matrix, SWOT, Pestle Review etc.
▪ Safety policies (e.g., electricity, working at heights) review
▪ Accident, near miss and first aid investigations, including corrective actions and collation of statistics.
▪ Coordinate Risk Assessments Programme
▪ HSE Handbook
▪ Site inductions
▪ Safety SOPs
▪ Permit Reviews
▪ Emergency response planning, Crisis Management Training & Emergency Exercise
▪ Co-ordinate and conduct Occupational Monitoring Programme
▪ Contractor Management – Process/Procedural responsibility &verification of compliance.
▪ Run training courses as relevant
▪ Promote the highest standards of site safety by influencing the behavioral aspects of safety performance.
▪ Define clear standards, conduct safety awareness and organize training sessions as relevant to the Health and Safety Function e.g. ergo assessements, manual handling, chemical awareness, forklift training etc.
▪ Involvement in process/plant changes, participation in project teams as required to ensure that the safety aspects of materials and operations are considered.
▪ Co-ordination and conducting site safety & behavioral tours and follow-up actions.
▪ Health & Safety promotion via competitions, poster campaigns, notice boards and safety weeks.
▪ Responsible for reporting to the senior management the H&S KPI’s on a monthly basis.
▪ Ensure all near miss, hazard spotting and first aid/ accident reports are investigated, root cause identified and corrective actions implemented in a timely manner.
▪ Act as REACH co-ordinator to ensure materials are registered as required, including safety testing for new processes and co-ordination of testing programmes. Generate SDSs for AICL materials.
▪ On-site DGSA – responsible for sign-off of all dangerous goods shipments off site in accordance with legislative requirements. (Preferable but not essential)
▪ Main H&S reviewer for all Trackwise changes on-site (projects, minor modifications). Review new installations to ensure they meet safety requirements and provide technical safety input to the design and construction of new/modified facilities including impact on future maintenance requirements. Review Preliminary Health and Safety Plans and Construction plans as required.
▪ Ensure that new processes and associated equipment modifications are assessed from a health and safety perspective through HAZOPs, HAZID’s, Method Statements & Risk Assessment.
▪ Run/organise training courses as relevant to the Health & Safety function including induction training and ongoing training to meet statutory requirements.
▪ Act as administrator for the company safety software system (SALUS) which comprises of modules for tracking events, contractor management, SDSs for all chemicals on site etc
▪ Provide support for any external audits and carry out inspections and audits of the site on a regular basis.
▪ Ensure compliance with relevant regulations and standards associated with ISO45001, cGMP, ISO 14001, Health & Safety Legislation, Environmental Legislation, and also all site standards, policies, and procedures.
Qualifications, Skills, Experience:
• Minimum requirements Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety or equivalent. Primary Science Degree preferable but not essential.
• Audit experience required.
• Experience of health and safety compliance in a GMP environment in an Active Pharmaceutical Plant.
• Minimum 8-10 years in a Health and Safety compliance role.
• Experience in maintaining a safety management system to ISO45001 standard.