Website Asset Recruitment
The co-ordination and implementation of projects to support manufacturing requirements.
Person Profile: Project Engineer
The candidate should have a degree (or equivalent) in an Engineering discipline and 2-3 years’ experience in a medium sized manufacturing environment, preferably in a project engineering or similar role.
A self-starter, able to act on own initiative with minimum supervision. Ability to get things done, good oral and written communication skills, logical thinker and organised, good time manager.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
• To define a detailed project scope through meetings/discussions
• To co-ordinate all projects activities, including design, specification, sourcing, purchasing, installation, commissioning and validation activities
• To prepare Memos of Justification for capital expenditure approval
• To maintain and control project costs and schedule
• To liaise with the HSE Department and to pro-actively ensure all Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are carried out according to HSE Regulations and Plans.
• To design and develop equipment to meet and exceed production requirements
• To modify equipment for process upgrades
• To arrange the provision of facilities, including equipment and utilities for new products, processes or up-grades
• To identify areas where new technologies can be used to improve quality/efficiency/service
• To develop specifications for equipment or facility design/supply
• To arrange acceptance testing of equipment
• To provide technical support for projects from other departments
• To supervise technicians, contractors, and service personnel during installation and commissioning
Specific Experience Requirements:
• Use of Permit to Work System or other Safe Systems of Work to control engineering activities
• Ownership for preparation of capital expenditure request and cost estimates
• Ownership, management and reporting of part or complete project budget spend
• Preparation of key project documents: Project Scope, User Requirement Specification, Vendor Audit Reports
• Responsibility for direct supervision of vendor engineers and contractors during engineering works on single or multiple capital projects
Desirable Experience Requirements:
• Sterile fill finish of liquid into vials, ampoules to include all process elements, i.e. Compounding, sterile filtration, filter integrity testing and filling.
• Sterilisation i.e. Porous Load Autoclave, Terminal Sterilisation, Dry Heat Sterilisation
• Design and fabrication of process equipment for use in sterile manufacturing, i.e. vessels, filling parts etc.
• Small scale civil and construction/building works i.e. drains, excavations, site services, landscaping, renovations, alterations and decoration within a pharmaceutical facility.