Website Asset Recruitment
Environmental and Safety Officer
The role incorporates two main functions 1) Environmental – to oversee and execute the activities of the Environmental function on site as the main subject matter expert for Environmental Compliance. 2) Safety – Projects role, provide assessment and review of projects from an environmental and safety perspective on an API site to act as the client representative on the projects.
The candidate can avail of 2 options. The first is a full-time role which is a mix of onsite (3+ days) and remote work (1-2 days / week). Alternatively, the client offers this role on a part time basis, 3 days / week onsite.
• Develop and maintain the environmental management system.
• Act as the main regulatory contact point with the EPA and provide information to the agency as requested and notify relevant plant changes and environmental incidents / non-conformances in a timely manner.
• Ensure Department & site compliance with all environmental statutory and regulatory requirements and that the site is ready at all times for regulatory, management system (ISO 14001) and corporate environmental/CSR audits
• Compile and maintain the environmental legislative register and through involvement with external groups to ensure that AICL’s standards and interpretation of the legislation is consistent with the best industry practice.
• Support the Internal Audit Programme as per the schedule for ISO14001.
• Support the development and maintenance of the site’s Energy Management programme.
• Provide guidance on Waste Management works to ensure waste generated on site is managed in compliance with all relevant IE licence and legislative requirements. Conduct audits of third party waste disposal companies.
• Responsible for clear and concise documentation of incident investigation reports for submission to the EPA or AICL Management Team and closeout in a timely manner.
• Participation in root cause investigations of environmental incidents on site and associated corrective actions to prevent re-occurrence.
• Provide operational support by supplying information and conduct / organize laboratory testing of samples to support the environmental operations section.
• Liaise with 3rd Party contractors to ensure environmental compliance monitoring and lab testing is caried out as required
• Ensure compliance with Integrity Testing Processes on site
• Support Environmental KPIs to ensure performance is monitored & maintained
• Support operational excellent programme
• Provide advice and support to the EHS Manager / Senior Management of AICL
• Assessment and review of projects – setting out clear requirements for the project team at the planning stage and to take part in continued stakeholder discussions.
• Detailed understanding on environmental and safety legislation required. All activities to be undertaken in a compliant manner.
• Assess projects through trackwise change control system.
• Liaise with the EPA/HSA as required per client duties.
• Identification of key environmental and safety requirements for the URS development stage of the project.
• Review and guidance for contractors in development of Environmental and Waste Plans.
• Review of Preliminary Health and Safety plans, design risk assessments, construction method statements required.
• Science or Engineering Degree with postgraduate diploma / Masters in Environmental or Safety
• Minimum 8 years site-based environmental and safety compliance experience working in a manufacturing pharmaceutical environmental (preferably in a cGMP environment and on a site with an IPC licence)
• Ideally, 2-3 years supervisory or management experience
• Strong knowledge of Environmental & Safety Legislation/Regulation and current best practice.
• Proven track record of maintaining environmental compliance in a pharmaceutical company. Ability to clearly communicate the environmental requirements of situations.
• Ability to provide guidance and advice to other stakeholders on site to ensure compliance.
• Excellent team work skills.
• Solid problem solving / critical thinking skills.