Website Asset Recruitment
Lab IT Application Specialist- Cork – Long Term Contract
Our client is the world’s leading Verification, Inspection, Testing and Certification company, with over 89,000 employees in 2,600 locations around the world. Established in 1998, as a centre of excellence for all aspects of pharmaceutical testing including method development & transfer, reference standard testing, stability management and QC Release & Stability testing. Our clients’ main focus is to ensure safety of medicine, for millions of patients who take the products they test. This is achieved through a strong quality focus and an excellent Health Authority audit history and reputation.
The job specification below is for the Lab IT Application Specialist which will underpin support for our clients day to day lab operations and support IT migration projects in flight in 2021 and 2022.
The opportunity is to join the organization on a long term contract basis alternatively there is also a staff option with our client offering an attractive career with Pension, Bonus and competitive salary with work variety and development potential.
The successful applicant will be the client contact for all Laboratory IT applications at the Site and will be responsible for co-ordinating and resolving issues and improvements to these applications on behalf of the Business Owners.
Works with the relevant Business Owners to deliver on an agreed prioritized list of changes to systems or introduce new systems.
- Works with the Business Owners on evaluating new applications or upgrades to existing applications.
- Implements new releases and set up standards for operational management.
- Implements new developments and changes in accordance with internal CSV standards.
- Monitors and resolves problems with Business System Owners.
- Configures and manages Development, Validation and Production environments.
- Assists with the Validation of the system/changes to the system in accordance with internal CSV procedures.
- Administers and maintains support services.
- Configures, implements and optimizes Business Applications.
- Manages incidents, problems, changes and releases to above applications with external Vendor support where necessary.
- Coordinates, tests and administers application security.
- Complies with internal QA standards and provides support to regulatory audits such as FDA and IMB.
- Liaise with Infrastructure /IT Manager regarding laboratory support needs.
- Interact with vendors to ensure successful installation of the instrument software and correct configuration
- Comply and adhere to GMP practice, regulation, quality guidelines, global and local SOP’s.
- Perform, monitor and manage changes and health checks to laboratory applications
Skills & Experience
- Excellent knowledge of the Laboratory processes in the QC and R&D areas in an FDA regulated pharmaceutical environment.
- Preferably has Developer experience in the LIMS, CDS (Empower, Chromeleon or Nugenesis applications with certifications.
- Some experience supporting lab IT lifecycle changes such as application transitions, upgrades, capex and / or new deployments of software and instruments – supporting installation and relevant CSV needs from IT app perspective
- Degree in Computer Science or relevant equivalent Degree.
- 2 yrs + experience working with Laboratory Systems such as LIMS, Empower and Nugenesis applications as an Administrator.
- Strong hands-on technical skills, operational background, and working experience with business applications and some on infrastructure technologies
- Excellent understanding of database systems such as Oracle and/ or SQL.
- Experienced in providing solutions aligned with GMP/ GxP standards, security, validation, capacity, high availability and identifying associated risks.
- Demonstrated willingness to cross train and to learn additional technical expertise.
- Team player with excellent communication skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required, with proven ability to communicate and build relationships cross-functionally with other teams and Lab users