Website Asset Recruitment
Senior Piping Designers x 4 -Cork and Dublin
Excellent opportunity to join a World Class Process Engineering Consultancy on a long Term Contract working on some of the largest Bio/API/Fill Finish projects in Ireland with a choice of working from either Cork or Dublin Offices and with Hybrid Work options.
- Reports administratively to department manager on assigned projects.
- Selected candidates will be responsible for Complete Piping Design of a project or area lead section of a larger project from concept, basis of design, detail design and construction support (SDC).
- Will be required to lead a large team of piping designers across a multi office project execution and create a collaborative environment.
- Develop design and modelling of complex process piping systems given basic information such as P&ID’s, piping Attend project meetings and constructability reviews etc. when required – sometimes at client’s sites.
- specifications, equipment arrangement drawings, etc.
- Will be required to delegate work and control the allocated man-hours on the projects and raise variations to the scope when required.
- Will be able to review, and update piping specifications as required.
- Assist with project schedule and accurate progress measures.
- Be proactive in co-ordination with other disciplines.
- Perform field design and verification as required.
- Provide technical direction to less experienced piping designers.
- Prepare conceptual designs, feasibility studies and equipment stack ups.
- Prepare material take-offs cost estimates and material procurement including tracking piping quantities during design.
- Be proficient in Navisworks, Plant 3D, Smart Plant (or similar)
- Able to accurately forecast the hours required to complete work activities.
Experience / Qualifications
- The candidate must have experience with process and mechanical piping systems in Life Sciences and have complete understanding and application of technical principles, theories and concepts in the field.
- 10 + years of experience required, drafting/design and related coursework.
- 3rd level engineering qualification or equivalent trade experience.
- Proficient in Navisworks and Plant 3D/SP3D or similar 3D software essential.
- Strong work ethic with good communications skills required for leading multi office project execution.
- Proven time management skills
- Having experience in leading a team of piping designers in the Pharma or a related industry is essential.