Website Asset Recruitment
Junior Quantity Surveyor
We currently have fantastic opportunities for Quantity Surveyors at Junior and Intermediate levels. The role will predominately focus on projects within the Life Sciences sector (Pharma/Biopharma) but may include work in other sectors, including semi-conductor and Data centres.
The roles will include all aspects of Quantity Surveying both pre and post contract across a variety of sectors. The successful candidate will be capable of working independently or as part of a larger team and will report directly to the managing surveyor.
Pre-Contract responsibilities would include:
• Preparing capital cost estimates
• Assisting in tendering procedures and contract arrangements
• Prepare pricing documents for tender packages
During the tendering phase responsibilities would include:
• Providing advice on tendering procedures
• Draft instructions to tenderers
• Development of tender evaluation criteria
• Drafting of PQQ questionnaires
• Handling queries during tender period
• Commercial evaluation of all tender submissions
• Negotiation with tenderers
Post Contract duties would include:
• Valuing progress on site for interim certificates
• Determination of amounts due to contractors under price variations
• Valuing proposed instructions
• Expediting contractors’ insurances, bonds, and collateral warranties
• Validating contractors’ final account
Ideal Candidate for each role:
• Qualification in Quantity Surveying or equivalent
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Consultant or Main contractor environment carrying out pre and post contract duties. Experience in Pharma/Biopharma a bonus but not essential.
• Excellent organizational skills with an ability to produce accurate work to project deadlines.
• Great interpersonal skills, including influencing and negotiation.
• Strong understanding of building detail and construction technology
• Excellent written and oral communication skills along with strong IT skills, specifically in Excel, Cubit, Cost X and Outlook are beneficial.
• Work on own initiative as well as part of our growing team