Website Asset Recruitment
Automation Engineer – Delta V
Opportunity for candidates interested in a new challenge in a cGMP regulatory environment. Our client’s Manufacturing Automation team on Carlow site are seeking DeltaV Automation Engineers to join their team in a contracting capacity.
We have 4 open roles:
1 sustaining DV Engineer – long term
1 Sustaining DV Engineer – 9 Months
1 Project DV Engineer – 12 Months
1 Project DV Engineer – 9 Months
Initial contracts as above will more than likely be extended.
Are you an Automation Systems Engineer?
Do you have a minimum of 5years’ Emerson DeltaV DCS & DeltaV Batch experience?
Do you want to join a growing site?
Reporting to the Systems Engineering Coach / Associate Director IT Automation, you will work alongside experienced engineers supporting Delta V, BMS and Pi, providing Automation System support and expertise to assist our manufacturing division.
This is an excellent opportunity to work supporting and leading projects with substantial training provided. Bring energy, knowledge and innovation to perform the following.
• Active participation in the Tier Process and proactively resolving technical issues before they affect business priorities.
• Ensure compliance through implementation and maintenance updates of local Carlow specific SOP’s and technical documentation e.g. Incident Problem Management, Change Management.
• Participate actively in the development, refinement, and implementation of accurate operational procedures, training materials, and maintenance protocols for various Automation systems. Ensure all activities adhere to these standards.
• Guarantee supply of high-quality product through ensuring equipment and system availability; maximize performance through continuous process improvement.
• Play a pivotal role in cultivating a culture of Continuous Improvement by applying Six Sigma methodologies to Automation projects. These projects encompass problem-solving, standardization, cycle time reduction, and integration of Lean principles into processes.
• Mandatory adherence to Global Policies, Procedures, and Guidelines, as well as regulatory mandates, while executing day-to-day tasks and all job functions in accordance with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
• May need to fulfil additional tasks as directed.
• 5+ years’ Emerson DeltaV DCS experience and DeltaV Batch experience required
• Delta V system server / controller architecture configuration; Delta V recipe creation
• Six Sigma qualification desirable
• 5+ years’ experience with Design, implementation, and support of manufacturing automation solutions
• Experience and/or a particular skill set in their area of expertise; ideally in a manufacturing, preferably GMP, setting.
• Design, and implement new/replacement systems as required for existing or new (tech transfer) processes, equipment and automated systems; continuous improvement initiatives; and Asset Life Cycle Management
• Troubleshooting technical issues, identifying root causes and defining CAPA with the equipment and automated systems
• Experienced in the application of engineering best practice, methodologies, tools, software, and principles in the advancement of process improvements and complex project execution
• Extensive technical and operational expertise in the following disciplines: Computer Systems Validation; Instrumentation/Automation & Control; Control System/Shopfloor Integration; Financial Systems / Inventory Management Systems / SAP
• Knowledge of regulatory/code requirements to Irish, European and International Codes, Standards and Practices
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and job-related computer applications required
• Extensive knowledge of equipment and process validation
• Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology manufacturing process experience desirable
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a related Business, Science, Engineering or other Technical Discipline