Website Asset Recruitment
job ref #14549
Responsible for the delivery to CQ of a new expansion for a multi-product aseptic filling facility. The individual will report directly to the Project Manager.
- Manage, mentor and grow a team of construction and preconstruction Professionals that manage the pre-contract aspect of a new build project.
- Oversee monthly reporting of project status, risk, budget and schedule guidance including reporting key performance indicators and presenting to senior management.
- Interface with site constructability and capacity planning to develop scope criteria for new projects both green field and retrofit.
- Ensure all work is managed in accordance with GES procedures and best practices.
- Develop and establish oversight to ensure compliance to company/project safety policies and work rules of primary contractors and subcontractors.
- Develop and establish oversight of the project job site including all logistical and regulatory requirements (i.e., approved Site Logistics Plan, layout and applicable permits).
- Provide development, establishment and oversight of program concept, strategy and execution (approved Construction Execution Plan).
- Reviews major contracts and acts as an expert resource for planning and leading complex negotiations.
- Supports project controls to ensure all sourcing activities align with Company financial controls, ensures ongoing engagement with finance throughout a program’s lifecycle for appropriate levels of contract and budgetary oversight.
- Provide oversight of all construction management and administrative activities, overall direction, guidance, issue resolution, cost and schedule performance of the project.
- Oversee the welfare and safety of all assigned employees (Lead safety from the top down).
- Make staffing decisions, selections and assignments (approved Construction organization and personnel staffing maintenance).
- Develop and maintain relationship with prospective trade partner bidders, craft (unions and non-union) and community entities as applicable.
- Provide oversight and enforcement of all applicable corporate and project policy and procedural decisions.
- Provide final approval of all contractual changes and pay applications (review process from bottom up).
- Qualifications in Construction or project management.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience similar role in Construction Management of large projects within Pharmaceutical industry.
- Technical and practical knowledge of black utilities and clean utilities systems and equipment, biotechnology processes and a working knowledge of FDA and EU regulations is preferred.
- Experience of construction/handover of Aseptic Filling Facilities on Green Field sites for pharmaceutical facilities.
- Ability to work in design and construction of large project environment within Ireland.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal/written)
- Working knowledge of C&Q documentation required for cGMP process equipment.
- Fluent in English, written and verbal.
- Ability to generate and communicate project plans and schedules.
- Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, database management software, CAD software, and PCs.